To celebrate a fall re-launch, East West magazine has announced the East West Exhibit, a cover design contest for the October/November issue, available nationwide on October 6. East West is welcoming submissions of original artwork interpreting the meaning of East West and the merging of cultures. The winning design will be featured on the cover, along with a profile of the winner in the magazine.
East West is the first and only lifestyle magazine with a pan-Asian American focus. Launched in 2003, the publication went on hiatus last year to retool operations. “During this time, we maintained an online presence, and realized the East West audience was anxious for the magazine’s return,” said Anita Malik, founder and editor in chief of East West. “We are excited to re-launch the magazine with a cover contest that involves our readers.”
All contest entries will be posted at eastwestmagazine.com for online voting from September 2-16, 2009. Based on online vote totals, the top five designs will be announced at the end of September. East West staff will choose the final cover from the top five, and the final decision will be made public on October 6, when East West officially returns to print.
Entrants must submit original artwork—including photography, painting, graphic design and drawing—and a signed authorization/consent form. Contest rules include:
· All entries must be original artwork created by the entrant(s) and answer the question: “What is your interpretation of East West today. What does the merging of cultures look like to you?”
· No black and white.
· Entries must be postmarked by August 31, 2009.
· Digital artwork must be 300 DPI and at least 9.25”x11.125”.
· Non-digital artwork will be accepted via mail and scanned for Web site/print use.
· Only one entry per person, team or company.
· Entries will not be returned. Any or all materials/information may be published.
· A signed entry/consent form is required for an entry to be valid.
· All entrants under the age of 18 on August 1, 2009 must have a parent/guardian signature.
For complete contest details, visit EastWestMagazine.com. Submissions, as well as questions about the contest, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.